Our “Green Koura” and “Saifan” extra-virgin olive oil is first cold pressed.
Olive oil contains absolutely no cholesterol. Studies indicate that a Mediterranean diet low in saturated fats such as butter, lard, and other animal fats, but list in mono-saturated fats such as olive oil, in addition to grains, fruits, and vegetables, helps keeps the artery-clogging LDL (low-density lipoprotein, or bad cholesterol) low while maintaining healthful levels of HDL (high-density lipoprotein, or good cholesterol). The HDL has a preventive effect on cardiovascular illness because it may help to eliminate LDL from the blood by carrying it to the liver. In addition, many medical researchers and nutritionists agree that olive oil is a good source of vitamin E which may protect against cancer and heart disease.
Our “Saifan” and “Green Koura” extra-virgin olive oil should, like all other olive oil, be stored in a dark, cool place. The color of olive oil does not matter, but the aroma and flavor do matter. Acidity of extra-virgin olive oil should less than 0.8%. With extra-virgin olive oil, you can fry, sauté, stir fry, and deep fry. The same oil can be filtered and reused multiple times since it is very stable at high temperatures.
Did You Know That:
- People living in the Mediterranean basin who use olive oil as their main source of fat have the world’s lowest mortality rate due to cardiovascular illness. Finland and the United States, where people consume the highest amounts of saturated fats, have the highest mortality rates.
- Olive oil contains more mono-saturated fatty acids than any other fat or oil.
- Olive oil is the most easily absorbed edible fat, and it contains no cholesterol.
- Using olive oil in place of saturated fats as the main fat in your diet may actually reduce cholesterol levels.
- You can bake with olive oil. Just substitute the same amount for the fat called for in the recipe. The result is moist, even textured cake with a textured crumb.
- You can fry with olive oil. When used in frying, olive oil coats food instead of being absorbed. It also contains antioxidants and can be reused multiple times before being discarded. Other fats and oils can only be used twice.
- There are numerous varieties of olives, and olive oil is the only cooking and salad oil that offers a variety of natural flavors. No two are alike.
- The olive tree is an evergreen.
- The olive tree was first cultivated in 6000 B.C.
- Olive trees can live up to 600 years or more.
- It takes 5-8 years before an olive tree will bear its first fruit.
- There are over 1 billion olive trees planted worldwide.
- Olive oil can keep for 4 years or more, longer than any other oil, if stored in a cool, dark place.
- Olive oil is the second best selling type of oil, and the fastest growing segment of fats and oils in the United States.
- You cannot taste the acidity level of an olive oil.
- Olive oil is unlikely to cause allergic reactions. It does have demulcent properties, and mild laxative properties, acting as a stool softener. It is also used at room temperature as an earwax softener. Olive oil is also a potent blocker of intestinal contractions.
- Preliminary research that olive oil could possibly be a chemo-preventive agent for peptic ulcers or gastric cancer, but confirmation requires further in vivo study.
- Olive oil was also found to reduce oxidative damage to DNA and RNA, which may be a factor in preventing cancer.
- Olive oil contains a wide variety of valuable antioxidants that are not found in other oils.
- Epidemiological studies suggest that olive oil has a protective effect against malignant tumors in the breast, prostate, endometrium, and digestive tract.
- Extra-virgin olive oil is the preferred grade for moisturizing skin, especially when used in the oil cleansing method OCM. Olive oil has been known for generations not only for its healing qualities but also as natural, deep penetration moisturizers, regenerating skin cells and softening the tissues.
- Use extra-virgin olive oil to benefit from its tasty and health giving properties by making food that is fresh delicious, and good for you.
- Extra-virgin olive oil is good for babies and growing children, as well as for upset tummies. It helps your pets heal a small skin wound.
- Extra-virgin olive oil is considered the best, and it comes from the first pressing of the olives.
- Olive oil is a natural juice which preserves the natural taste, aroma, vitamins, and properties of the olive fruit.
- Extra-virgin olive oil is the only oil that can be consumed as it is freshly pressed from the olive.
- Olive oil lowers the risk of colon cancer.
SD Wholesale & Distribution
Marysville, WA 98270